Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I had planned on taking a wheelchair accessible trip to Israel next year.  I've done it before and it was wonderful.  However,  with all the unrest in that part of the world, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Egypt  and now Turkey,  many people I spoke to did not feel safe  doing this at this time.

The GOOD NEWS,  is that I found a highly recommend company who does Tours to Ireland for people in wheelchairs, walkers, or people who just prefer a smaller group and slower pace.  I spoke with the owner who lives in the US.   I am now trying to organize a tour for next summer (2014).  This 8 day tour  would start in Dublin and visit many wonderful places. Dates are not finalized yet, but I am thinking May or June 2014.

 It would include wheelchair accessible 4 star hotels for those who need things like roll in showers , or regular rooms for those who don't.  (so your family and friends are welcome) .It includes full Irish breakfast each day and 4 dinners plus one dinner/show.  Accessible airport transfers and an accessible van through out with experienced guide.  It also includes baggage handling and all gratuities for hotels and included meals.   Lunch s on your own to shop or visit a Pub (I know where my husband will be!)  The price will be about $3000 - $3300 per person,( AIRFARE NOT INCLUDED).. depending on how many people join us.  8-10 people is an ideal number. 

As I have said before, traveling is something I have always loved to do and plan to continue for as long as I can. I am not a person with a disability, I am a  PERSON, who loves to travel who happens to need a wheelchair to get around. Come join me!! Please contact me at bguzelf@cox.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment